Senior DevOps/Cloud Engineer
About Digital Insurance Group
Digital Insurance Group, DIG, is a leading InsurTech innovator and a next generation technology partner to insurers, banks and brokers. Its data-driven insurance platform enables insurers, banks, brokers and other companies to offer fully integrated insurance solutions to their customers at record speed.
Our ultimate goal is to disrupt insurance across the world, and positively impact the lives of millions of people by delivering peace of mind when it comes to managing your insurance in a truly digital way. We deliver a fully digital insurance experience to end-customers and partners such as banks, brokers, media companies and insurers, allowing all businesses to digitally distribute insurance to their customers.
Interested in InsurTech business? Love working with cutting-edge technology? Do you have great technical and client facing skills? Are you ready to help define the next gen of fintech software that influences the daily lives of tens of millions of people? Help us reshape the insurance business.
Now that you know us...a bit more about you:
We are looking for a Senior DevOps/Cloud Engineer to join our team in Amsterdam. You will maintain and further improve our cloud-based infrastructure on Azure and AWS. You will drive continuous improvement of our CI/CD pipelines and health monitoring solutions, with prominent levels of security and compliance in mind. You are used to delivering software in a multi-disciplinary team, in a multi-location product organization.
- Lead and sustain the application of Agile and DevOps way of working with multi-disciplinary teams
- Facilitate collaboration within distributed scrum teams and help them achieve their goals
- Apply an automation-mindset in everything you do (infrastructure, CI/CD, scripting, build tools to improve workflow, etc.)
- Apply a cloud-agnostic, cost-efficient and high-availability mindset
- Provision infrastructure compliant with the insurance industry high-security requirements
- Assist development teams in applying good DevOps practices and continuously improve our CI/CD pipelines
- Improve product through automation of tests, security audits, quality monitoring
- Build out generic system- and service monitoring and escalation workflows across clients
- Join in on-call work and assist developers in debugging issues
- Work with Azure, AWS, and potentially other cloud providersWork with GitLab, MySQL, Terraform, Kubernetes, Helm, ELK-stack, Grafana, Prometheus, Docker and more
- 5+ years’ experience in a DevOps role
- You have solid experience with Azure and AWS, ideally also with Google Cloud
- You can write shell scripts and you are proficient on the command-line
- You have solid experience running a container fleet (Kubernetes/OpenShift/…)
- You have solid experience with docker and know how to manage containers
- You have solid understanding of networking and security
- You have solid experience with Linux and know how to manage servers
- You can do root-cause analysis in case of operational problems and can act upon it
- You are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for colleagues of all backgrounds
- You think holistically and specifically at the same time
- You understand how to influence a software organization
- You foresee future problems without losing your sense of optimism.
- You are fluent in English, both written and verbally
- Experience with React/ React native is considered a big plus
Our Technology Backend Stack
- PHP 7
- Laravel Lumen
- Docker (Kubernetes)
What we offer:
- Start-up environment, backed by top US and European VC's
- Great workplace atmosphere in the heart of Amsterdam
- Weekly Friday afternoon drinks and a daily fresh lunch
- A highly motivated and talented international team
- Opportunity to bring in your ideas in our innovations
We'd love to meet you and discuss this role in more detail.